Privacy Statement of StoreShip GmbH and
Consent on the part of the USER of STORESHIP®
for Personal Data being Collected, Processed and Used
1. Area of Validity
2. USER’s Consent, Voluntary Nature of Consent, Possibility for USER to revoke Consent
- By agreeing to this Privacy Statement, the USER grants the PROVIDER his CONSENT for the PROVIDER to collect, process and use the personal data of the USER in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement and for the purposes described therein (“Consent”). The USER hereby in particular agrees to the PROVIDER collecting, saving and using his personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement and transferring such data to third parties pursuant to section 4. The User hereby grants the PROVIDER permission to use the USER’s personal data for the purpose of carrying out quality control or improving STORESHIP® and the services offered by the PROVIDER hereby.
- Personal data within the meaning of the above section is all information concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable natural person (see §3 Federal Data Protection Act – BDSG). This applies, for example, to the name, address, email address and telephone number of the USER.
- The PROVIDER shall record in writing that the USER has granted his consent. The PROVIDER undertakes to keep this Privacy Statement available for viewing by the USER at all times. The USER can view it at all times at https://www.storeship.com/de/datenschutz.
- There is no legal obligation to give consent as stipulated above. Consent is granted on a voluntary basis.
- The USER’s consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. There is no obligatory form for a revocation of this nature.
3. Responsible Body / Service Provider, Availability of PROVIDER
- Data shall not be processed by StoreShip GmbH in the manner described above in states outside the area of validity of Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (Official Journal L 281/31).
- If the USER has any queries, in particular regarding data privacy issues, StoreShip GmbH can be contacted by telephone at +49 (9133) 47995-0 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Collection, Processing and Using of Data by the PROVIDER, Forwarding USER’s Personal Data to Third Parties
- The USER surrenders his anonymity vis-à-vis the PROVIDER as soon as he passes on to the PROVIDER the personal data required for setting up a user account for STORESHIP®. From this point on, the USER grants his consent for this data being transferred and saved on the PROVIDER’s servers.
- The PROVIDER is entitled to collect and save personal data belonging to the USER which the USER enters in his user account in STORESHIP and which is intended to be used for acquiring and purchasing goods and services from third parties via STORESHIP® or for initiating contracts of this nature.
- The PROVIDER collects from each visitor to STORESHIP® the data which is needed in order to display whichever internet pages of STORESHIP® the visitor wishes to view on his PC, smartphone or the like. In addition, data which is necessary for improving the security and performance of STORESHIP® and/or which has to be collected in accordance with legal provisions is collected from each visitor to STORESHIP®. The data mentioned above includes the IP address assigned to the PC, smartphone or the like used by the visitor to STORESHIP®, the name and the URL of the requested files and the time and date the request was made. Whilst such data does in principle allow a visitor to STORESHIP® to be identified, it shall only be saved by the PROVIDER for such time as is necessary for technical or legal reasons or under certain important circumstances, for example for proving that STORESHIP® has been used in an illegal or improper fashion.
- The PROVIDER is also entitled to create a pseudonymised utilization profile for the USER or a visitor to STORESHIP® in order to model STORESHIP® in a way suited to its purpose. A utilization profile refers to all systematically summarised utilization data containing information regarding the behaviour and habits of the named person when using STORESHIP®. The USER and each visitor to STORESHIP® has the right to object at any time to a utilization profile of this nature being drawn up for them. There is no obligatory form for making an objection of this nature.
- Cookies within the meaning of the previous paragraph are computer files which are saved on the USER’s hard drive.
- Cookies are used to identify a USER and remember the contents of the shopping basket in order for USERS to be able to use the function “continue shopping”.
- For the USER it is technically possible, in particular by setting his internet browser accordingly, to receive information before a cookie is set (see section 5.2) or to block cookies being set in general. However, in order for STORESHIP® to be used correctly, it is in certain cases necessary for cookies to be set. Accordingly, it cannot be guaranteed that STORESHIP® can be used correctly or in full if the USER makes use of the possibility described above.
6. Forwarding by the PROVIDER of Personal Data relating to the USER
- With the exception of those instances stipulated in this section 5.1 and in those cases permitted by law, the PROVIDER shall only forward personal data of the USER to third parties with the consent of the USER.
- The PROVIDER is entitled to forward the personal data entered by the USER in his user account to those persons (hereinafter “Sellers”) with whom the USER concludes or initiates a contract via STORESHIP®. In addition, the PROVIDER is entitled to forward such data to vicarious agents of the Seller or other third parties used by the Seller within the context of implementing a contract concluded via STORESHIP®. Data shall only be forwarded in this way, however, to the extent the PROVIDER deems necessary for implementing the relevant transaction.
- The PROVIDER shall provide the USER’s personal data to companies affiliated with the PROVIDER within the meaning of §§15 ff. German Stock Corporation Act as well as to other trustworthy companies and persons which process this data on behalf of the PROVIDER. If this is the case, the PROVIDER shall ensure that the respective company or the respective person complies with the applicable legal requirements concerning data protection.
- The PROVIDER shall provide personal data relating to the USER to courts and authorities, in particular law enforcement authorities, and third parties in the event that information is requested in connection with an official or court investigation or in the event of a suspected punishable offence or any other action entailing liability risks for the PROVIDER or another user of STORESHIP®.
- In the event that data is forwarded to third parties, the party receiving the data shall comply with all applicable statutory provisions and the terms stipulated in this Privacy Statement and shall take appropriate measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of the forwarded data whilst processing or using such data.
7. Option for USER to forward own personal data to third parties via STORESHIP®, USER’s obligations in this regard and regarding personal data of third parties
- The PROVIDER offers USERS the option of sending personal data to third parties, in particular Sellers, via STORESHIP®. The main reason for offering this option is to make it possible for the USER to purchase and acquire goods and services via STORESHIP® or to make it possible to initiate and make a purchase in this manner. The USER hereby undertakes to protect the Seller’s data appropriately and in accordance with the relevant legal provisions.
- Unless persons with whom the USER concludes or initiates contracts via STORESHIP® expressly agree otherwise, the USER may only use personal data relating to these people for those legal acts or transactions which he wishes to initiate, has initiated or has concluded with such persons via STORESHIP®. The USER shall in all instances comply with all applicable laws when using data in this fashion, in particular those laws governing data protection.
- The PROVIDER shall not forward and in particular shall not sell or rent the USER’s personal data to third parties for advertising or marketing purposes or for address trading purposes without first obtaining the explicit permission of the USER.
- In addition to creating utilization profiles (see section 4.4), the PROVIDER is entitled to merge and combine USER’s data with data from other STORESHIP® users and data collected by the PROVIDER from other sources. The PROVIDER may only use data merged and combined in this way for the purpose of improving and personalising STORESHIP® and advertisements.
- The USER can object at any time to the compilation of data as defined above. There is no obligatory form for filing an objection of this nature.
9. Blocking and Deleting Data
- At the USER’s request, the PROVIDER shall block the USER’s account and the connected personal and other data relating to the USER. In this instance, the USER’s personal data shall no longer be available for viewing, in so far as is legally permissible.
- By deleting the user account created under STORESHIP®, the PROVIDER shall block the data saved there by the USER and shall delete such data according to the instructions given by the USER, but at the latest three months after an account has been deleted, unless the PROVIDER is legally required to keep it for a longer period of time.
10. Data Protection and Data Security
- The techniques used by the PROVIDER for collecting, processing and using the USER’s data are in accordance with latest technical advances and are constantly reviewed and adjusted to keep up with the latest technical advances in so far as this is possible for the PROVIDER. The same shall apply to the security measures taken by the PROVIDER to prevent unauthorised parties accessing the servers and computers used for STORESHIP®.
- The PROVIDER shall restrict access to the USER’s personal data to those employees and agents of the PROVIDER for whom it is absolutely necessary to access such data for the purposes of processing data pursuant to this Privacy Statement. These employees and agents shall be fully aware of the contents of this Privacy Statement and shall be subject to strict confidentiality agreements. In the event of a breach they may be dismissed or subjected to disciplinary measures by the PROVIDER.
- In accordance with the principles of data economy, the PROVIDER shall only collect and use personal data to the extent that this is absolutely necessary for a visitor or USER to use STORESHIP®, it is required by law or the USER has explicitly granted his consent.
11. Alterations to Privacy Statement
- The PROVIDER may under certain circumstances modify this privacy statement from time to time. Amendments of this nature shall be published by the PROVIDER at https://www.storeship.com/de/datenschutz. The PROVIDER shall inform the USER by email if any fundamental changes are made.
- The PROVIDER shall, however, refrain from encroaching upon the USER’s rights pursuant to this Privacy Statement when making any changes to the Privacy Statement as defined above. The USER must give his consent before his rights can be encroached in this manner.
- The PROVIDER shall provider the USER with all previous versions of this Privacy Statement for viewing at any time.